How to Vote by Mail:
- PRINT and fill fill out an absentee ballot request form online (voteohio.gov) OR call your county Board of Elections (Franklin County Board of Elections: 614-525-3100) to be mailed a request form.
- MAIL with your own stamp OR drop off the absentee ballot application to the County Board (Franklin County Board of Elections: 1700 Morse Rd., Columbus, OH 43229)
- RECEIVE absentee ballot in mail from county Board
- COMPLETE ballot and paperwork and mail it back to the county Board
- POSTMARK your ballot by April 27 OR drop off the ballot at your county Board of Elections by 7:30 p.m. on April 28.
No printer? Here’s what you can do:
Call your county Board of Elections and ask to be mailed an official absentee ballot application form. OR Send a simple letter to your Board of Elections by mail (or drop it off in person) with the following information:
- Address where you are registered to vote
- ID Number (Last 4 digits of Social Security Number or Driver’s License Number or State ID # that starts with 2 letters) or photocopy of ID document.
- Date of primary election (March 17, 2020)
- Statement that you are a registered voter
- Party affiliation, i.e. which ballot you would like (Democrat, Republican, Issues only)
- Address where the ballot should be mailed
Important Voting Deadlines
April 25th at Noon – Deadline to request an absentee ballot
April 27th – Deadline to postmark absentee ballot
April 28th by 7:30 pm – Deadline to submit absentee ballot in person to county Board of Elections